Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Rubik's puzzles galore

I put in a huge order with rubiks.com last week. The site said it would take 7-10 working days but it only took 6. I got some really exciting stuff including a 3x3x4, a 3x3x5, and a fusion+. Note that the 3x3x4 and the 3x3x5 I got were the semi-functional ones on the rubiks.com site. The fully functional ones are very expensive and I'm not sufficiently obsessed to spend that sort of money on Rubik's cubes.

As the 3x3x4 and the 3x3x5 weren't the fully functional versions, they were pretty easy to solve. Just need to apply the same algorithms as a for solving a regular 3x3x3 cube. Ton had a fully functioning 3x3x5 at US Nationals so I was able to have a go of one then. It was definitely more difficult.

These extended cubes look totally wacky when scrambled, especially the 3x3x4 and the 3x3x5. I shall post some pictures later.

No comments: