Tuesday, May 10, 2005

(Almost) everyone has read The Da Vinci Code, or read HP5 or seen Titanic

Peter and I were visiting some friends last weekend. I noticed that their bookshelf contained a copy of The Da Vinci Code and a copy of Harry Potter 5. I mentioned that I had read The Da Vinci Code and HP5 but Peter had not (Peter is partway through the fifth Harry Potter book).

I concluded from these two pieces of information that Peter must be quite unusual. Hasn't everyone read The Da Vinci Code?? Hasn't everyone read all five Harry Potter books??

Peter added that he also hasn't seen the Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet Titanic movie. I then concluded that Peter must be the only person who hasn't read either of these two books or seen this film!

Peter thought this assertion was worthy of a blog entry. Mikal replied to Peter's blog entry claiming that he was even more unique because he hasn't read any of the HP books!

Crazy stuff.

No comments: