Saturday, December 11, 2004

Have you read The Da Vinci Code yet?

So it seems I'm hooked on these Dan Brown thriller/suspense novels.

After The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, I still hadn't had my fill, so I read Deception Point. I considered then reading Digital Fortress, but decided against it because I had heard that it wasn't Dan Brown's best work and I didn't want to be let disappointed.

In today's Sydney Morning Herald, I read an article about how well Dan Brown's novels have been selling in Australia. Take a look at this.

"There may be some people left who have not read Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, but they are a dwindling minority... The dominant trend in 2004's bestselling books may be summarised in two words: Dan Brown. The Da Vinci Code has sold more than 40 times what Random House initially budgeted for the novel. Even a book exploiting interest in The Da Vinci Code, called Cracking The Da Vinci Code, by Simon Cox, made it into the non-fiction top 10, selling 33,850 copies."
Urgh. I feel so mainstream.

No comments: