Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Camden Lock puzzle meeting

Tonight I went to the monthly puzzle meeting at Lockside Lounge bar at Camden Lock. I'd been meaning to get along to one of these puzzle gatherings all year, but hadn't yet made it to one. When I heard that the theme for this month's meeting was Rubik's Cubes I knew that I just had to go!

The monthly puzzle meetings are organised by the nice people at Villages Games. Villages Games is lovely little puzzle store in Camden Lock. They sell lots of different types of puzzles, and also board games, books about puzzles, cards and card games, etc. If you're into puzzles and in London then you should definitely visit this shop.

Most of the speedcubers from the UK speedcubing weekend came to Camden tonight too. The only one we were missing was Duncan! We had a little friendly competition during the evening. Obviously Dan won (18.xx average). I was pretty happy coming second with a 30.xx average. Paul came third with a 34.xx average. Paul did some really fast solves during the competition, but he also did some very not-so-fast solves which really killed his average.

It was definitely a fun night and I plan to go to more of the Camden Lock puzzle meetings, even when they are not cube themed! :)


No comments: